Some random facts about me that people think are strange:
- I only own digital watches because it takes a significant amount of time for me to figure out the circle clocks and often I’m wrong. I also get messed up when asking to take turns clock-wise or counter-clock-wise.
- I have no sense of direction, cannot read maps, and have difficulties with North, South, East, West
- I was meant to be left handed but my parents converted me when I was young, I think it is this reason that I have a difficult time with knowing my left from my right- in addition when I sign I sometimes use my left as my dominant hand and other times my right which is confusing to people who are trying to figure out what I’m signing.
- I collect a lot of things and have since I was a child some of these collections are/were: key chains (still have), old and foreign coins/money (still collect), stamps (the kind that go on envelopes), post-it notes (still have), TY beanie babies (still have), build-a-bears (still have), antique and Easton press books (still collect), journals (still have), stickers (still collect), Tigger stuff (still collect), Disney trading pins (still collect), TY beanie baby trading cards (still have), Tyler Perry Plays and DVDs (still collect), Bibles, Lisa Franks stuff.
- I am very good at math but have a difficult time when subtracting numbers that require you take one away from the previous number, example 26-8
- I can sing the ABC song backwards, the actual reciting of the ABC’s and the “Know I kn ow my ABC’s…” part as well. I’m good at memorizing obscure things but can’t remember life events well.
- I’m terrified of speaking in groups and scared/anxious in one-on-one situations, but usually have no problem public speaking whether in a class, at a meeting, etc.